Are you using Laserfiche in your office and wondering if you are using it to the fullest potential? It is said that time is money, most people would agree that both time and money are valuable and should be managed efficiently and effectively. This blog post will address 8 ways to optimize use in Laserfiche, allowing users to save time and maximize resources.
1. A couple clicks will allow users to Drag and Drop Between Browser Windows – dragging and dropping entries between windows is easy. Simply open two browser windows and drag a document or folder to the desired location. All it takes is a couple of clicks and done, entry relocated.
2. Is there a search you use all the time? Would sharing searches with other users be helpful? Now Administrators can set up Saved Searches and share these searches with other users in the organization. The administrator can now create a column profiles, import profiles, saved searches and quick searches and share them with a specific group or the everyone group directly from the web client. The settings do not override a user’s individual settings, but rather add more options for users to be able to quickly retrieve information from the repository.
3. Did you know you can auto-populate information in templates Utilizing Tokens? Tokens are place holders for values that will be determined later. Tokens are useful for setting default values such as document paths, document names and field information. Using tokens ensures documents are automatically named, and filed properly in addition to improving consistency within in the repository are also added benefits.
4. Print a Document to Laserfiche Using Snapshot – Print electronic documents as Tiff Images into Laserfiche. Many organizations have requirements that require users to save documents in Laserfiche as Tiff images. The tiff image is an image format that will not change over time allow the document to always be accessible. Unlike Adobe PDF, Word or Excel documents for example these electronic documents can change over time. Instead of printing and scanning documents users can simply Snapshot a document into the Laserfiche repository. The user will select the Snapshot Printer and print the electronic document directly into Laserfiche. If the document is in it’s final version and will not need to be edited the is the perfect solution.
5. Do you have processes you can automate? Create a Workflow - Evaluate your business processes, do emails need to get automatically sent when a document is received? Does template information need to be updated from a document? Can a supervisor be notified when a document is ready from review? There are many questions like this that may call for a review of current business processes and if they can be improved using workflow. Cities Digital has a full team of consultants ready to help you get your system working the way you want. Email the team at Consulting@citiesdigital.com
6. Searching through content lists can be a long process. Have you ever been searching through a folder or a large list of search results trying to find a document that you know is there? Well, now there is a way, Folder Browser Filtering - using filters to narrow the search when looking for a document within the folder browser pane or search results. The filters include options such as templates, creation date ranges, and the ability to specify what the document name contains. This feature will allow users to find entries more quickly and efficiently.
7. Simultaneous Co-Authoring Word Documents – Users are now able to edit Word
documents from directly within Laserfiche without opening Word in its native application. They can also co-author documents with multiple people and the changes will be integrated and saved altogether, making editing a more seamless process.
8. The most recent versions of Laserfiche contain enhancements to the Document Viewer and the Preview Pane. The next/previous page and next/previous document buttons have been added to the toolbar in the document viewer for easier navigation between documents and pages. Users can also customize the toolbar with any buttons that they would like to add, it is no longer limited to annotations. The tabs in the display window can also be rearranged in an order that makes sense for each user. For example, a user that processes documents may want to see the processes tab first. Lastly, within document searches can now be performed from the Preview tab of the folder browsers detail pane. If users are searching through a lengthy document this feature can prove valuable.